The World Club Challenge was just a taster of what NRL teams are all about and this week, we can focus on the start of the NRL season and the potential of grabbing some value before the season starts. I’ve studied long and hard for my Ante Post bets this season, just like I do every year, I picked out NQC for last season’s Grand Final @ 20/1 so let’s try to pick another big priced winner this year.
Ante Post Bets:
- Regular season only: Brisbane @ 4/1
- Grand Final Winner: Brisbane @ 4/1
- Top 4 finish: Brisbane @ 10/11, Cronulla @ 3/1
- Top 8 finish: Cronulla @ 10/11
- Group A Winner: Brisbane @ 2/1
- Group B Winner: Melbourne @ 3/1
- Group C Winner: Cronulla @ 2/1
- Group D Winner: Canberra @ 8/11
- Top Try Scorer: Valentine Holmes @ 25/1
- Top Points Scorer: James Maloney @ 5/1
- Top Non-NSW Team: Brisbane @ 17/10
- Top NSW Team: Cronulla @ 9/1
As you can see, I like the looks of Brisbane and Cronulla this season and I think both teams can go very well. Brisbane were seconds away from lifting the trophy last season and could go one better this year. Cronulla have recruited well for 2016 and with a new half back pairing consisting of James Maloney and Chad Townsend, this could be the game changer for the Sharks. Cronulla also have some excellent strike players in, Jack Bird, Valentine Holmes and Ben Barba, with the likes of Andrew Fifita, Paul Gallen and Luke Lewis making the Sharks a tough task for any team this season.
I will cover both Super League and the NRL with bets each week, I’ll try to get previews added to all Live Super League games, and I’ll also give you the best bet’s in both competition’s throughout the season.
All my bets are on my likes on twitter @MartinBurns17.